Orange-A-Thon Walk/Run/Bicycle & Fund Raiser
- Category: Events / Registration
Saturday, October 12, 2013 event:
YES, Inc. is helping to raiser funds for public/private/charter schools through donations and providing a fun healthy familiy activity on the walk/run/bicycle path along the Metro Orange Line.
Orange-A-Thon walk/run/rides, are:
- 25 miles "Fun Ride" from Chatsworth to Balboa Park with a stop at the Encino Velodrome. Registration begins 8:00 am, ride starts 8:30 am
- 8 miles "Family Run/Ride" from Chatsworth Depot to Woodland Hills and back. Registration begins 9:00 am, ride starts 9:30 am
- 1.5 to 3 miles "Young Families Walk/Run/Ride from Chatsworth Depot to Nordoff and back. Registration begins 9:30 am, ride starts 10:00 am
- Healthy and Active Fair from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Awarding the Orange-A-Thon participants prizes and bicycle raffles, starting at 11:00. Winners do not need to be present.
All children ages 1-14 must be accompanied by an adult. All must wear a helmet while riding a bicycle. All riders/walkers may begin as soon as they are register or checked-in.
Pre-Registration: Ride Tickets can be purchased from participating schools; Police Activities League or pre-register online before October 10, 2013, for:
- Adult $5
- Teen $5 ages 15-17
- Child $5 ages 6-14
- Young Child FREE ages 1-5 (But still needs to pre-register)
Registration on Ride Day - CASH ONLY:
- Adult $10
- Teen $8
- Child ages 6-17 $5
- Young Child ages 1-5 FREE (But still needs to register)
Direction to the Start/Finish: The Chatworth Train Depot, 10047 Old Depot Plaza Road, Chatsworth, CA sits between Devonshire Blvd. and Lassen Avenue about one mile East of Topanga Blvd. Topanga Blvd. and can be access from the 118 Freeway via Topanga Blvd. 6 miles West of the 405 Freeway.
Three ways to register for the Orange-A-Thon:
- To pre-register online complete the Orange-A-Thon Walk/Bike form below - "submit form" and to register for the event click on "Donate". Online pre-registration closes October 10, 2013 at midnight.
- If you are unable to pay online with a credit card or PayPal, download and mail the Orange-A-Thon Pre-Registration Form English/Spanish (see attachments below), complete and mail with payment. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an Orange-A-Thon Walk/Bicycle Pre-Registration form. Complete the form and mail in with a check by October 7, 2013.
- Participants can register on event day and pay with cash only.
To complete your registration and to donate click on DONATE buttom. Thank you for your generous donation!